CGLUPS Series Rugged, Military Online UPS
1.5 - 2KW
19 in. Rack Mount
20 – 32 VDC DC Input UPS – Pure Sinewave AC Output
The CGLUPS DC Input rugged, military UPS is intended for military applications wherever pure sinewave battery-backed AC power is required directly from a DC input source. 28 VDC from Aircraft buss or Land Vehicle alternator feeds the CGLUPS and charges the batteries via diode isolation module, which blocks the batteries from feeding back onto the 28 VDC source. If the DC source is lost, the DC UPS continues powering the load using its internal batteries for approximately 5 minutes at full load, 0.8PF.
Nova’s CGLUPS-Series DC Input rugged, military UPS systems are high-reliability power sources specifically designed for demanding applications in high shock, vibration, humidity, and EMI environments. These rugged, military UPS systems can be built to meet MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-901, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-461, and other standards optionally. These rugged UPS models utilize the most durable componentry, offering maximum field-proven reliability for severe, harsh environments and high reliability applications such as:
- Military Applications: Including HMMWV, UAV, Shipboard, Submarine, Aircraft, Mobile Power Units, Shelters, Transportable Systems, Tactical Systems, Ground Support, and more
- Heavy-Duty Industrial Applications
- Demanding Commercial Applications
- Communications Systems
- • Microprocessor based design with absolutely accurate and stable frequency.
- • Panel indicators for battery voltage & load level.
- • Compact and light weight, yet very rugged
- • Tightly regulated output voltage and frequency
- • Switch selectable 50 or 60 Hz output, all models
- • Capable of driving highly reactive loads such as electric tools and appliances.
- • Capable of driving highly capacitive loads such as switching power supplies.
- • Very low harmonic distortion, THD<3%.
- • Standard DC input 20-32VDC
- • Standard outputs 110V/60Hz, 230V/50Hz.
- • Switch selectable ±10V output change.
- • Below 1W consumption in sleep mode.
- • Ruggedization to MIL-STD-810
- • Chassis slides
- • MS Connector mates
- • Premium wide-temp 10 year life batteries
- Input Voltage: 20-32 VDC
- Output Voltage 110V model: 100/110/120 VAC
- Output Voltage 220V model: 220/230/240 VAC
- Output Frequency: 50 or 60 HZ User Selectable
+/- 0.05% Accuracy
- Surge Rating: 2KW for 1.5KW Continous Models
4KW for 2KW Continuous Models
- Efficiency (full load): 110V model 83%
- Efficiency (full load): 220V model 86%
- No load Current: <1.0W Sleep Mode
- Output Waveform Sinewave: <3% THD
- Output Regulation: -10% / +4% All models
- Protection: Overload, Short Circuit, Reverse Polarity (Fuse), O.T., Over/Under Input Voltage
- MTBF: 30,000 hours per MIL-HDBK-217
- MTTR: 30 minutes by qualified personnel
- Ambient operating temperature range: -20° to +50° C
- Storage temperature range: -40° to +60° C (with optional premium batteries)
For best results, batteries must be kept at 25 degrees Celsius ambient temperature. Extreme low temperatures will result in reduced run time, while extreme high temperatures result in significantly reduced battery lifespan. Click here for more information on The Effects of Extreme Temperatures on Batteries.
- Humidity: to 95% RH non-condensing – Designed to meet MIL-STD-810. All boards conformal coated with Acrylic MIL-I-46058 Type R.
- Shock: 20g, 11 mS half sinewave – Designed to meet MIL-STD-810 optionally
- EMI: Designed to meet FCC Part 15, Class A. Designed to meet MIL-STD-461 with optional additional filtering.
15,000 ft. (4,572 m) operating**
40,000 ft. (12,192 m), non-operating**
**For batteries, please follow battery manufacturer instructions regarding recommended elevation parameters.
- Audible noise: Less than 55 dBA at 5 ft. (1.5 m)
- Transportation and handling: MIL-STD-810
- Protective Features
Circuit Breakers: DC Input & Battery Breakers