Waveform is an important consideration when choosing an AC power source. All of Nova Electric’s premium DC-AC Inverters, True On-Line UPS Systems, and Solid-State Frequency Converters feature pure sine wave output. These rugged AC power sources provide clean, regulated power that is identical to or even better than the power supplied by your local utility company – as compared to “modified sine wave” or “square wave” products, which all provide a fluctuating output voltage that is suitable for powering only a limited selection of loads.
If you want to run your equipment exactly to the manufacturer’s specifications, you must use a power source with a pure sine wave output. With pure sine wave, motor loads start easier and run cooler due to the reduced harmonics associated with the pure sine wave shape. In fact, some equipment will operate properly only from a true sine wave source: Some examples include laser and motor driven printers, variable speed motors, medical equipment, and any equipment deriving timing signals from the input.
All AC appliances and equipment are designed to run off of a pure sine wave. Pure sine wave energy is the type of power that is produced by your local utility company.
The benefits of running your equipment and appliances on a pure sine wave include:
- Generates less electrical noise in your equipment. Means no lines on your TV set and no hum in your sound system.
- Microwave ovens cook faster.
- Equipment and appliances lasts longer.
- Equipment and appliances run cooler and more efficiently.
- Equipment that can be damaged when running on modified sine waves such as laser printers, rechargeable battery powered devices and pellet stoves run perfectly when operated from a pure sine wave inverter.
- Telecommunications equipment run with less noise and hum.
- Motors run at their intended speed and with less heat.
- Computer equipment lasts longer and is less likely to have mysterious errors or shut-downs.