Navy Galaxy Series 1.5-2.5 KVA Rugged True Online Bulkhead Mount UPS
- Formally Qualified to MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-461, MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-464, and MIL-STD-740
- Compact Chassis
- Power Factor Corrected Three-Phase Input
- SNMP Communications
- Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries Available Optionally
- Custom Paint & Markings Available
- True Online UPS Technology
- Double-Conversion UPS System
- Rugged UPS System
- Military UPS System
- Popular Options
- System Compliance
- Data Sheets
This rugged Navy Galaxy-Series true online UPS System is specifically designed for submarine and shipboard applications in compliance to MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-901, MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-810, AND MIL-STD-740. The example pictured is a compact variation for use on the US Navy DDG-1000, as well as other high profile shipboard and submarine applications on US and US-friendly fleets worldwide. This model has a three-phase power factor corrected (PFC) input of 115 VAC L-L, 50/60 Hz per MIL-STD-1399 Section 300 Type I and a pure sinewave galvanically isolated output of 115 VAC, Single-Phase. Single-phase input is optional, and output frequency is available in 50, 60, or 400 Hz (specify.) This online UPS System contains all of the features standard on other Galaxy-Series units, as well as additional features that make it ideal for Naval or other military applications.
|Model||KVA||Input||Output||UPS (Lbs)||Run Time|
|NGHS11-1.5K60-115(D)-120||1.5||115 VAC L-L||120 VAC||145||10 min|
|NGHS11-2.5K60-115(D)-120||2.5||115 VAC L-L||120 VAC||155||10 min|
- Optional Input Voltages available (select):
115, 120, 208, 220, 230, 240 VAC. 1Ø
115/200, 120/208, 220/380 3Ø
Delta 3Ø available
- Optional Input Frequencies available (specify): 50, 60 or 400 Hz
- Optional Output Voltages Available (specify): 115, 120, 208, 220, 230, 240 VAC 1Ø
- Output Frequency (specify): 50, 60 or 400Hz
- Voltage Regulation: +/- 2% NL to FL
- Frequency Regulation: 0.1%
- Harmonic Distortion: 2% THD Typical 5% Max
- Input Power Factor: 0.99
- Efficency at full load: 82% typical
- Overload: 125% for 5 minutes
- Premium wide temp long-life batteries which are sealed, maintenance free, and user replaceable.
Extended runtime available
- AC & DC Input Circuit Breakes, Low Battery Shut Off, Overload and Thermal Protection, Audible Alarm with Silence Switch, and Optional EPO.
- Operating Temperature: -20° to +50° C per MIL-STD-810D
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to +60° C
- Humidity: to 95% non-condensing
- Elevation: 15,000 Ft. (4.572m) operating
- Audible noise: Less than 55 dBA at 5 ft. (1.5 m)
- Cooling: Forced air
- EMI: Per MIL-STD-461
- Vibration: Per MIL-STD-167-1
- Shock: 20g for 20ms half sinewave per MIL-STD-901 Grade A
- Structureborne Noise: MIL-STD-740B Grade A
ALARM AND DIAGNOSTICS
- System Status: Green/Red
- Utility Off: Red
- UPS Off: Red
- Low Battery: Red
- Logic Fault: Red
- Alarm Contacts: Standard
- RS 232 or SNMP: Optional
- UPS Overload: Red
- Over-Temperature: Red
- Load on Utility: Red (with XFR SW option)
- Power Distribution Units
- MS Connector Mates and Multiple Output Outlets
- Shock Mounts
- Floor Mounts
- Internal Transfer Switch
- Custom Enclosures
- Additional Run Time via External Batteries
- 400 Hz Input and / or Output
- CAD Free Connectors
- Non-PVC wiring
- 28 VDC Input
- High IP Protection for front / rear panels
- AUX DC Outputs
- Environmental Stress Screening Services
MIL-STD-1399 Section 300B: For Type I apparatus
Additional Ruggedization to meet MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167, and MIL-STD-810: The online UPS System’s construction is extremely robust, and ruggedized throughout. All components and modules within the unit are mounted using additional steel brackets and heavy-duty stainless-steel hardware, which is then further secured using Loctite and RTV where required. All boards are conformal-coated (Acrylic MIL-I-46058 Type R) for maximum resistance to potential condensation and fungus growth.
MIL-S-901D for Grade A, Class II, Type B Equipment: Shock test with half sinewave, 20ms duration, 15g peak acceleration shock pulse.
MIL-STD-167-1 for Type I Equipment: Vibration test with range of 4 Hz low frequency to 33 Hz high frequency.
MIL-STD-810D: Operating Temperature Tests including High Temperature Test per Procedure II, Method 501.2, Table 501.2-II Ambient Air, 4 Cycles @ 24 Hours per cycle, Low Temperature Test per Procedure II, Method 505.2, Table 505.2-I Region CO, 4 Cycles @ 24 Hours per cycle, and Temperature Shock Test per Procedure I, Method 503.2, between 0-40 degrees Celsius, 4 Cycles @ 24 Hours per cycle.
Internal EMI Reduction Package to meet MIL-STD-461: The design of this unit is specifically focused on reducing EMI emissions. The UPS contains substantial internal filtering to minimize EMI emissions. Inputs which may be susceptible to transients are protected by several methods, including MOVs. All internal magnetics are shielded with copper and mu-metal to further minimize emissions. The cabinet is specifically treated with low surface resistivity finishes on the interior. All aluminum parts are treated with clear irridite. The steel parts are treated with zinc plate, followed by a clear chromate. All exterior portions (except for mating surfaces) are then painted with glossy ANSI-61 gray to assure excellent bonding of mating sheet metal parts. All input and output ventilation filters include metal honeycomb-style filters.
MIL-STD-461 for surface ship applications: CE101, CE102, CS101, CS114, C116, RE101, RE102, RS101, RS103.
Super-Rugged, Long Life Hawker Energy Batteries: Internal Hawker Energy sealed, maintenance free batteries provide 10 minutes back up time at full load. These batteries are extremely resistant to shock, vibration, and wide temperature ranges. Also, they have a very long service life (8-10 years measured at 25 degrees Celsius ambient temperature) for a minimum of maintenance. The batteries are user replaceable.
Structureborne and Airborne Noise: The rugged Navy Galaxy-Series UPS System was tested and qualified to MIL-STD-740B for Grade A Type III Equipment.
Pressure Tests for Submarine Usage: The Navy Galaxy Series online UPS System was tested to atmospheric pressure within the range of 750-1250 millibars, and maintained standard operation to specification to the following test pressures for 1 hour:
250 millibars above ambient (applied within 30 seconds and released within 30 seconds)
250 millibars below ambient (applied within 30 seconds and released within 30 seconds)
Ambient pressure of 1000 millibars
MIL-STD-464: for EMP/E3 verification, including RS116
MIL-STD-889 appendix A for Dissimilar Materials
MIL-STD-1472 for Human Systems Integration
MIL-STD-882 for Systems Safety
MIL-STD-1623 for Fire Performance for Interior Materials and furnishings
Some of the features shown above can be incorporated on our standard UPS models – Nova Electric offers Rugged UPS Systems for Naval Applications in all of our standard rack-mount packages, from 1-6+ KVA. We can also incorporate these additional features on our DC-AC Inverters and Frequency Converters as well. If you have a unique submarine or shipboard application that calls for a rugged AC power source, please don’t hesitate to contact us – we have over 40 years of experience designing and manufacturing America’s best power conversion equipment for harsh environment applications!
Certain models above have been tested and qualified to the above specifications. Consult the factory for details.