Galaxy Series Ultra Lightweight 0.9-5 KVA Rugged True Online Bulkhead-Mount UPS
- Formally Qualified to MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-461, MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-740, DOD-STD-1399, (and RTCA/DO-160 – optionally.)
- Compact Bulkhead-Mount Chassis
- Ultra Lightweight Design
- Power Factor Corrected Universal Input
- SNMP Communications
- Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries Available Optionally
- Double-Conversion UPS Systems
- True Online UPS Technology
- Rugged UPS System
- Military UPS System
- Popular Options
- System Compliance
- Data Sheets
WHEN EVERY POUND COUNTS! Nova’s Ultra Lightweight Galaxy-Series rugged, true online UPS systems are high-reliability power sources specifically designed for demanding applications in high shock, vibration, humidity, and EMI environments in compliance to MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-461, MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-740, DOD-STD-1399, and RTCA/DO-160.
These UPS models utilize True Online technology, offering maximum field-proven reliability for severe environment and high reliability applications such as:
- Military Applications: Including HMMWV, UAV, Shipboard, Submarine, Aircraft, Mobile Power Units, Shelters, Transportable Systems, Tactical Systems, Ground Support, and more
- Heavy-Duty Industrial Applications
- Demanding Commercial Applications
- Communications Systems
These UPSs are among the lightest in the industry, thanks to its use of advanced Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries. Separate battery modules can be added to extend run time as required, from several minutes to several hours or more. Standard sealed VRLA batteries are also available as standard, along with premium premium Cyclon cells for extremely wide temperature range and long life.
As you’d expect from Nova Electric, variations of this proven design have repeatedly passed formal qualification testing on a variety of military platforms including shipboard, vehicular, and airborne. Standards met include MIL-STD-1399, MIL-S-901, and MIL-STD-167 for shipboard, DO-160 for avionics, MIL-STD-461 for EMI, MIL-STD-740 Structureborne noise measurements, MIL-STD-810 for shock, vibration, and humidity, and other related standards.
The Ultra Lightweight UPS has a highly flexible design architecture which allows adaptation to practically all military applications. Its Power Factor Correction circuit allows compliance to the CE mark’s “Low Voltage Directive,” so it can operate on a wide input range from 100-250 Volts AC, on any standard frequency including 50, 60, or 400 Hz. Three phase input is also available if desired. Its isolated output permits grounding the input neutral and / or optionally grounding output neutral as well.
Many communication platforms are supported, including RS232, SNMP, RS485, and CANbus. A multitude of connectors are available, as are solid state or electromechanical bypass, as required.
Nova Electric’s Ultra Lightweight UPS are deployed in countless high profile military programs aboard Naval ships and submarines, on satellite trailers and mobile shelters, and military ground vehicles and aircraft, with a field-proven MTBF exceeding 100,000 hours. These units are the first choice for the world’s leading defense contractors including Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, DRS, BAE, all branches of the US Armed Forces, and US allied forces worldwide. Please contact us today for more information.
Partial Bulkhead Model Selection120 VAC Output Models (400 Hz Input and/or Output optional on all models)
|MODEL||KVA||KW||NOMINAL INPUT||INPUT (AMPS)||UPS (LBS)||UPS (KG)||RUN TIME||SIZE (IN) HXWXD||SIZE (MM) HXWXD||OUTLINE DRAWING|
|GHSLPFC11-5K60-120/240A-120-5M||5||4||120-240VAC||52/26A||250||113.6||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-5K60-120/240A-120-10M-LIFE||5||4||120-240VAC||52/26A||230||104.5||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K60-120/240A-120-5M||3||3||120-240VAC||30/15A||230||104.5||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K60-120/240A-120-5M-LIFE||3||3||120-240VAC||30/15A||210||95.5||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K60-120/240A-120-7M||3||2.4||120-240VAC||24/12A||225||102.3||7 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K60-120/240A-120-10M-LIFE||3||2.4||120-240VAC||24/12A||200||90.9||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-2K60-120/240-120-5M||2||1.6||120-240VAC||16/8A||195||88.6||5 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-2K60-120/240-120-10M-LIFE||2||1.6||120-240VAC||16/8A||170||77.3||10 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1.5K60-120/240A-120-5M||1.5||1.2||120-240VAC||12/6A||180||81.8||5 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1.5K60-120/240A-120-10M-LIFE||1.5||1.2||120-240VAC||12/6A||160||72.7||10 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1K60-120/240A-120||0.9||0.7||120-240VAC||8/4A||165||75.0||5 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1K60-120/240A-120-LIFE||0.9||0.7||120-240VAC||8/4A||145||65.9||10 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|MODEL||KVA||KW||NOMINAL INPUT||INPUT (AMPS)||UPS (LBS)||UPS (KG)||RUN TIME||SIZE (IN) HXWXD||SIZE (MM) HXWXD||OUTLINE DRAWING|
|GHSLPFC11-6K50-230-230-5M||6||4.8||200-240 VAC||30||250||113.6||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4||QUOTE|
|GHSLPFC11-5K50-120/240A-230-5M||5||4||120-240VAC||52/26A||250||113.6||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-5K50-120/240A-230-10M-LIFE||5||4||120-240VAC||52/26A||230||104.5||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K50-120/240A-230-5M||3||3||120-240VAC||30/15A||230||104.5||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K50-120/240A-230-5M-LIFE||3||3||120-240VAC||30/15A||210||95.5||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K50-120/240A-230-7M||3||2.4||120-240VAC||24/12A||225||102.3||7 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K50-120/240A-230-10M-LIFE||3||2.4||120-240VAC||24/12A||200||90.9||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16||762 x 609.6 x 406.4|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-2K50-120/240-230-5M||2||1.6||120-240VAC||16/8A||195||88.6||5 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GRHSLPFC11-2K50-120/240-230-10M-LIFE||2||1.6||120-240VAC||16/8A||170||77.3||10 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1.5K50-120/240A-230-5M||1.5||1.2||120-240VAC||12/6A||180||81.8||5 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1.5K50-120/240A-230-10M-LIFE||1.5||1.2||120-240VAC||12/6A||160||72.7||10 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1K50-120/240A-230||0.9||0.7||120-240VAC||8/4A||165||75.0||5 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1K50-120/240A-230-LIFE||0.9||0.7||120-240VAC||8/4A||145||65.9||10 min.||24 x 24 x 12||609.6 x 609.6 x 304.8|| QUOTE
|MODEL||KVA||KW||NOMINAL INPUT||INPUT (AMPS)||UPS (LBS)||UPS (KG)||RUN TIME||SIZE (IN) HXWXD||OUTLINE DRAWING|
|GHSLPFC11-5K60-120/208-120-5M-5U||5||4||120-240VAC||15A||250||113.6||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-5K60-120/208-120-10M-LIFE||5||4||120-240VAC||15A||230||104.5||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K60-120/208-120-5M||3||3||120-240VAC||11A||230||104.5||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K60-120/208-120-10M-LIFE||3||3||120-240VAC||11A||210||95.5||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K60-120/208-120-5M||3||2.4||120-240VAC||9A||225||102.3||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-3K60-120/208-120-7M-LIFE||3||2.4||120-240VAC||9A||200||90.9||7 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-2K60-120/208-120-5M||2||1.6||120-240VAC||6A||195||88.6||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-2K60-120/208-120-10M-LIFE||2||1.6||120-240VAC||6A||170||77.3||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1.5K60-120/208-120-5M||1.5||1.2||120-240VAC||5A||180||81.8||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1.5K60-120/208-120-10M-LIFE||1.5||1.2||120-240VAC||5A||160||72.7||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1K60-120/208-120||0.9||0.7||120-240VAC||2A||165||75.0||5 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
|GHSLPFC11-1K60-120/208-120-LIFE||0.9||0.7||120-240VAC||2A||145||65.9||10 min.||30 x 24 x 16|| QUOTE
*Note Three-Phase Input models not compliant with Harmonics requirements of MIL-STD-1399. See Navy Galaxy Series for MIL-STD-1399 Compliant Three-Phase Input UPS.
- Input Voltage:
120/240 VAC Auto Ranging PFC Standard
115/200, 120/208, or 220/380 VAC Three Phase Wye Optional
Delta Three Phase Input Optional
*Note Three Phase Input models are not compliant with Harmonics requirements of MIL-STD-1399. See Navy Galaxy Series for MIL-STD-1399 Compliant Three-Phase Input UPS.
- Output Voltage: 120, 208, or 230 VAC (specify)
- Frequency: 50 / 60 / 400 Hz. Available
- Voltage Regulation: ± 2% NL to FL
- Frequency Regulation: ± 0.5% NL to FL
- Harmonic Distortion: 5% THD, 3% typical
- Input Power Factor: 0.95 or Better @ half-full load
- Efficiency at full load: 80-85% @ full load typical (batteries charged)
- Connections: MS Connector (mates opt.)
110% load for 10 minutes
115% load for 5 minutes
120% load for 2 minutes
- See Model Chart – Certain dimensions (usually hole size in the mounting tabs, if so equipped) may vary slightly from those shown in the outline drawings in the Model Chart. Consult the factory for details.
Note: External batteries available on all models if increased run time is required – up to 24 hours.
- AC & DC Input Circuit Breakers
- Overload Protection Range: Automatic overload & short circuit protection
- Low Battery
- Shut Off & Thermal Protected
- Input Under/Overvoltage Protected
- Audible Alarm with Silence Switch.
- UPS Operating Temp.:
- -20° to +55°C (Extended ranges optional)
- UPS Storage temperature range:
- -40° to +71°C (Electronics Only – Extended ranges optional)
- 95% non-condensing per MIL-STD-810
- All boards conformal coated with Acrylic MIL-I-46058 Type R
- 15,000 Ft. (4,572m) operating
- 40,000 ft. (12,192m) non-operating (higher optional)
- MIL-S-901 qualified for Grade A, Class Type A Equipment with optional shock mounts
- Audible Noise:
- Less than 55 dbA at 5 ft.
- Standard sealed, maintenance free lead acid batteries have -20 to +50C storage range.
- Optional Premium sealed, maintenance free lead acid batteries have -40 to +80C operating range and useful life of 8-12 years @ +25C ambient.
- Optional Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries (as shown in units with “LiFe” model suffix) have -20 to +60C operating range and useful life of 8-10 years @ +25C ambient, but are much lighter than lead acid batteries and offer about twice the battery run time in the same volume battery pack.
- Note: Run time shown using standard batteries. Consult Factory for run times using premium batteries. For best results, batteries must be kept at 25 degrees Celsius ambient temperature. Extreme low temperatures will result in reduced run time, while extreme high temperatures result in significantly reduced battery lifespan. For more information, please read –
- MTBF: 100,000+ hours per field data @ +25C Ambient Ground-Fixed
- MTTR: 30 minutes by qualified personnel
- 15,000 ft. (4,572 m) operating**
- 40,000 ft. (12,192 m), non-operating
**For batteries, please follow battery manufacturer instructions regarding recommended elevation parameters.
STANDARD REMOTE CONTACTS / COMMUNICATIONS
- SNMP V1.0 standard via CAT-5 Connector – V2.0 or 3.0 optional
- Major Alarm: Logic Fault, Low Battery, OT, UPS Overloaded.
- Minor Alarm: Utility Off
- RS 232 (Available-Optional) Via DB 9 Connector
- Alarm Contacts (Available-Optional)
STANDARD FRONT PANEL DIAGNOSTICS
- Status (Red / Green)
- UPS Off (Red)
- Logic Fault (Red)
- Low Battery (Red)
- Over Temperature (Red)
- Load on Utility (Red) with optional transfer switch
- Power Distribution Units
- MS Connector Mates and Multiple Output Outlets
- Internal Transfer Switch (Static or Electromechanical)
- Custom Enclosures
- Additional Run Time via External Batteries
- 3Ø Power Input
- Premium VRLA Batteries with Up to 12 Year Life
- 400 Hz Input and / or Output
- LiFe Models Feature Internal Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries for Substantial Weight Savings and Longer Runtime, Including Embedded Battery Management System
- CAD Free Connectors
- Non-PVC wiring
- 28 VDC Input
- High IP Protection
- AUX DC Outputs
- RTCA/DO-160G Compliant Aircraft Grade Package
- Environmental Stress Screening Services
MIL-STD-1399 Section 300B: For Type I apparatus
MIL-STD-740-1: Airborne Sound Measurements for Shipboard Equipment
MIL-STD-740-2: Structureborne Vibratory Acceleration Measurements Additional Ruggedization to meet MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD-810, and DOD-STD-1399: The UPS System’s construction is extremely robust, and ruggedized throughout. All components and modules within the unit are mounted using additional steel brackets and heavy-duty stainless-steel hardware, which is then further secured using Loctite and RTV where required. All boards are conformal-coated (Acrylic MIL-I-46058 Type R) for maximum resistance to potential condensation and fungus growth.
MIL-S-901 for Grade A, Class I, Type A Equipment (with optional shock mounts)
MIL-STD-167-1 for Type I Equipment
· Air Temperature per MIL-STD-810F Method 502.4, Procedure II
· Steady State Temperature per MIL-STD-810F, Method 501.4, Procedure I (Constant Temperature) and Method 502.4, Procedure I
· Temperature Shock per MIL-STD-810F, Method 503.4, Procedure II, Cyclic.
· Thermal Shock testing per MIL-STD-810G, Method 503.5, Procedure I-D
Operating Temperature Shock per MIL-STD-810B Method 503 0 to 71°C
· High Temperature Storage per MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure I
· Low Temperature Storage testing per MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure I
· High Temperature Operating per MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure II
· Low Temperature Operating per MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II
· Operational Humidity per MIL-STD-810F Method 507.4.
· Humidity per MIL-STD-801G, Method 507.5, Procedure I
· Storage and Transportation Humidity per MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.4
· Salt Fog Atmosphere per MIL-STD-810F Method 509.4
· Altitude per MIL-STD-810F, Method 500.4, Procedure I, Storage/Air Transport.
· Operating and Non-Operating Altitude Testing per MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5, Procedure II
· Rapid Decompression per MIL-STD-810F, Method 500.4, Procedure III
· Transit Shock per MIL-STD-810F, Method 516, Procedures IV, V and VI
· Transportation Vibration per MIL-STD-810F, Method 514.5, Procedure II for loose cargo transportation
· Transportation Vibration per MIL-STD-810G, Method 514-6, Procedure I, Category 20
· Vibration per MIL-STD-810B Method 514.6, Category 12, Procedure I
· Transit Drop per MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5, Procedure IV
· Transit Drop per MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6, Procedure IV
· Bench Handling per MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5, Procedure VI
· Bench Handling per MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6, Procedure VI
DOD-STD-1399 Section 301A Table V – Design Limits for Ship Motion
Internal EMI Reduction Package to meet MIL-STD-461: The design of this military UPS unit is specifically focused on reducing EMI emissions. The military UPS contains substantial internal filtering to minimize EMI emissions. Inputs which may be susceptible to transients are protected by several methods. The compact chassis is specifically treated with low surface resistivity finishes on the interior. All aluminum parts are treated with clear irridite. The steel parts are treated with zinc plate, followed by a clear chromate. Paint method via ANSI-61 gray is designed to assure excellent bonding of mating sheet metal parts. All input and output ventilation filters include metal honeycomb-style or mesh filters. This military UPS unit was tested and qualified as follows:
MIL-STD-461E: CE101, CE102, CS101, CS114, CS116, RE102, RS101, and RS103.
OPTIONAL Compliance to RTCA/DO-160G: Select units were tested successfully by Boeing and Rockwell Collins to meet RTCA/DO-160G for:
- Rapid Decompression: Section 4 Cabin Pressure (8K) to Max Operating Alt (35K) in 15 sec; Hold for 10 min
- Crash Safety Sustained: Section 7, Cat B – Up = 3.0g – Down = 6.0g – Fwd = 9.0g – Aft = 1.5g – Side =4.0g
- Explosive Atmosphere: Non-Ignition Test Sec. 9.6.2, Cat E
- Humidity: Section 6, paragraph 6.3.1 (Category A)
- Random Vibration Testing: Section 8 (Category R, Fixed-Wing), paragraph 8.7.2, Figure 8-1: Aircraft Type 2, Test Category S, Zone 2, Curve B
- Operational Shock Testing: Section 7 (Category B), paragraph 7.2, Standard operational, Peak value 6 g, Nominal duration 11 ms.
[typography font=”PT Sans” size=”11″ size_format=”px”]Note: Qualification testing on select models was performed with optional premium batteries required to meet temperature testing requirements. Please consult factory for details.[/typography]