Lightweight True Online UPS - Bulkhead Mount Military UPS
0.9 – 5 KVA Ultra Lightweight True Online UPS – Bulkhead Mount Military UPS
Galaxy Series Military Online UPS
- Compact Bulkhead-Mount Chassis
- Ultra Lightweight Design
- Power Factor Corrected Universal Input
- SNMP Communications
- Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries Available
- Military Applications: Including HMMWV, UAV, Shipboard, Submarine, Aircraft, Mobile Power Units, Shelters, Transportable Systems, Tactical Systems, Ground Support, and more
- Heavy-Duty Industrial Applications
- Demanding Commercial Applications
- Communications Systems
Partial Model Selection
- • Ruggedization against high shock, vibration and humidity
- • MS connector mates and multiple output outlets
- • Electromechanical transfer switch.
- • Custom Enclosures
- • • 3Ø Power Input
- • Premium Wide-Temp Range VRLA batteries with up to 12 year life
- • “LIFE” models feature internal Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries with Embedded Battery Management System for substantial weight savings and longer run time. Additional run time via external batteries
- 400 Hz input and / or output
- • CAD Free Connectors
- • Non-PVC wiring
- • 28 VDC Input
- • High IP Protection up to IP56
- • AUX DC Outputs
- • RTCA/DO-160G Compliant Aircraft Grade Package
- • Power distribution units
- Input Voltage:
120/240 VAC Auto Ranging PFC Standard
115/200, 120/208, or 220/380 VAC Three Phase Optional
- Output Voltage: 120, 208, or 230 VAC (specify)
- Frequency: 50 / 60 / 400 Hz. Available
- Voltage Regulation: ± 2% NL to FL
- Frequency Regulation: ± 0.5% NL to FL
- Harmonic Distortion: 5% THD, 3% typical
- Input Power Factor: 0.95 or Better @ half-full load
- Efficiency at full load: 80-85% @ full load typical (batteries charged)
- Connections: MS Connector (mates opt.)
110% load for 10 minutes
115% load for 5 minutes
120% load for 2 minutes
- See Partial Model Chart Below
Note: External batteries available on all models if increased run time is required – up to 24 hours.
- AC & DC Input Circuit Breakers
- Overload Protection Range: Automatic overload & short circuit protection
- Low Battery
- Shut Off & Thermal Protected
- Input Under/Overvoltage Protected
- Audible Alarm with Silence Switch.
- UPS Operating Temp.:
- -20° to +55°C (Extended ranges optional)
- UPS Storage temperature range:
- -40° to +71°C (Electronics Only – Extended ranges optional)
- 95% non-condensing per MIL-STD-810.
- All boards conformal coated with Acrylic MIL-I-46058 Type R.
- 15,000 Ft. (4,572m) operating;
- 40,000 ft. (12,192m) non-operating (higher optional)
- MIL-S-901 qualified for Grade A, Class Type A Equipment with optional shock mounts
- Audible Noise:
- Less than 55 dbA at 5 ft.
- Standard sealed, maintenance free lead acid batteries have -20 to +50C storage range.
- Optional Premium sealed, maintenance free lead acid batteries have -40 to +80C operating range and useful life of 8-12 years @ +25C ambient.
- Optional Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries (as shown in units with “LiFe” model suffix) have -20 to +60C operating range and useful life of 8-10 years @ +25C ambient, but are much lighter than lead acid batteries and offer about twice the battery run time in the same volume battery pack.
- Note: Run time shown using standard batteries. Consult Factory for run times using premium batteries. For best results, batteries must be kept at 25 degrees Celsius ambient temperature. Extreme low temperatures will result in reduced run time, while extreme high temperatures result in significantly reduced battery lifespan. Click here for more information on
- MTBF: 100,000+ hours per field data @ +25C Ambient Ground-Fixed
- MTTR: 30 minutes by qualified personnel
- 15,000 ft. (4,572 m) operating**
- 40,000 ft. (12,192 m), non-operating
****For batteries, please follow battery manufacturer instructions regarding recommended elevation parameters.
STANDARD REMOTE CONTACTS / COMMUNICATIONS
- SNMP V1.0 standard via CAT-5 Connector – V2.0 or 3.0 optional
- Major Alarm: Logic Fault, Low Battery, OT, UPS Overloaded.
- Minor Alarm: Utility Off
- RS 232 (Available-Optional) Via DB 9 Connector
- Alarm Contacts (Available-Optional)
STANDARD FRONT PANEL DIAGNOSTICS
- Status (Red / Green)
- UPS Off (Red)
- Logic Fault (Red)
- Low Battery (Red)
- Over Temperature (Red)
- Load on Utility (Red) with optional transfer switch
MIL-STD-1399 Section 300B: For Type I apparatus
MIL-STD-740-1: Airborne Sound Measurements for Shipboard Equipment
MIL-STD-740-2: Structureborne Vibratory Acceleration Measurements Additional Ruggedization to meet MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD-810, and DOD-STD-1399: The UPS System’s construction is extremely robust, and ruggedized throughout. All components and modules within the unit are mounted using additional steel brackets and heavy-duty stainless-steel hardware, which is then further secured using Loctite and RTV where required. All boards are conformal-coated (Acrylic MIL-I-46058 Type R) for maximum resistance to potential condensation and fungus growth. The unit was tested and qualified as follows:
MIL-S-901 for Grade A, Class I, Type A Equipment (with optional shock mounts)
MIL-STD-167-1 for Type I Equipment
· Air Temperature per MIL-STD-810F Method 502.4, Procedure II
· Steady State Temperature per MIL-STD-810F, Method 501.4, Procedure I (Constant Temperature) and Method 502.4, Procedure I
· Temperature Shock per MIL-STD-810F, Method 503.4, Procedure II, Cyclic.
· Thermal Shock testing per MIL-STD-810G, Method 503.5, Procedure I-D
Operating Temperature Shock per MIL-STD-810B Method 503 0 to 71°C
· High Temperature Storage per MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure I
· Low Temperature Storage testing per MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure I
· High Temperature Operating per MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure II
· Low Temperature Operating per MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II
· Operational Humidity per MIL-STD-810F Method 507.4.
· Humidity per MIL-STD-801G, Method 507.5, Procedure I
· Storage and Transportation Humidity per MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.4
· Salt Fog Atmosphere per MIL-STD-810F Method 509.4
· Altitude per MIL-STD-810F, Method 500.4, Procedure I, Storage/Air Transport.
· Operating and Non-Operating Altitude Testing per MIL-STD-810G, Method 500.5, Procedure II
· Rapid Decompression per MIL-STD-810F, Method 500.4, Procedure III
· Transit Shock per MIL-STD-810F, Method 516, Procedures IV, V and VI
· Transportation Vibration per MIL-STD-810F, Method 514.5, Procedure II for loose cargo transportation
· Transportation Vibration per MIL-STD-810G, Method 514-6, Procedure I, Category 20
· Vibration per MIL-STD-810B Method 514.6, Category 12, Procedure I
· Transit Drop per MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5, Procedure IV
· Transit Drop per MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6, Procedure IV
· Bench Handling per MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5, Procedure VI
· Bench Handling per MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6, Procedure VI
DOD-STD-1399 Section 301A Table V – Design Limits for Ship Motion
Internal EMI Reduction Package to meet MIL-STD-461: The design of this military UPS unit is specifically focused on reducing EMI emissions. The military UPS contains substantial internal filtering to minimize EMI emissions. Inputs which may be susceptible to transients are protected by several methods. The compact chassis is specifically treated with low surface resistivity finishes on the interior. All aluminum parts are treated with clear irridite. The steel parts are treated with zinc plate, followed by a clear chromate. Paint method via ANSI-61 gray is designed to assure excellent bonding of mating sheet metal parts. All input and output ventilation filters include metal honeycomb-style or mesh filters. This military UPS unit was tested and qualified as follows:
MIL-STD-461E: CE101, CE102, CS101, CS114, CS116, RE102, RS101, and RS103.
OPTIONAL COMPLIANCE WITH RCTA/DO-160G AIRCRAFT GRADE PACKAGE
RTCA/DO-160G Qualified: Tested successfully by Boeing to meet RTCA/DO-160G for:
· Rapid Decompression: Section 4 Cabin Pressure (8K) to Max Oper Alt (35K) in 15 sec; Hold for 10 min
· Crash Safety Sustained: Section 7, Cat B – Up = 3.0g – Down = 6.0g – Fwd = 9.0g – Aft = 1.5g – Side =4.0g
· Explosive Atmosphere: Non-Ignition Test Sec. 9.6.2, Cat E
Note: Qualification testing was performed with optional premium batteries required to meet temperature testing requirements.