Galaxy Series 600 VDC Nominal Input Pure Sine Wave DC-AC Inverters
- Pure Sine Wave Output
- Extremely Rugged Construction Suitable For Harsh Environments
- High Reliability – MTBF Exceeds 100,000 hours
- Overload, Overvoltage, and Overtemp Protected
- MTTR below 30 minutes
- Transformer-Isolated For High Inrush Loads
- Withstands Highly Reactive Load
- Tight Voltage and Frequency Regulation
- Custom Voltages and Frequencies Available
- Conformal Coated PCBs and All Stainless Hardware
- Popular Options
- Data Sheets
The transformer-isolated Galaxy Series Rugged Inverters are designed for harsh environment, military, steel mills, aluminum mills, cranes, and other harsh environment applications. They feature an optional advanced Internal Suppression Filter Network (ISFN) to suppress the significant transients usually associated with these types of conditions, and can be built to meet MIL-STD-810, MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-167 and other standards optionally. Transformer-isolated topology makes these Inverters suitable for very high inrush loads, such as motors and compressors. These models utilize the most durable components, offering maximum field-proven reliability for severe environment and high reliability applications such as:
- Work Train Applications: Inverters in various sizes, from 5-20 kVA, are currently utilized by such customers as Amtrack and the MBTA for powering equipment on third rail 450-750 VDC Work Train Applications. Everything from hand tools to lighting run on Nova inverters. Even on-board electric toilets are powered by our inverters!
- Trolley Applications: Nova has supplied specialized inverters for many custom Trolley Applications. In addition to our other custom designs, we have designed and built special inverters modified to accept 900 VDC continuous input at the customer’s request. Nova inverters are also used to power lighting on Historic Trolley Systems across the country. The next time you see a restored trolley, remember that the lights are probably powered by Nova!
- Subway Applications: Our durable 600 VDC inverters are currently being used by such customers as Chicago Transit Authority and Long Island Railroad for such various applications as providing emergency power from the third rail. Quite often, it is cheaper and more pragmatic to install an inverter in a hut (shed) on a siding than to run AC power from a distant location.
- Custom Applications: Nova offers an almost infinite combination of custom cabinets and configurations to satisfy almost any application! Mobile applications, as well as outdoor applications subject to rain, snow, ice, wind, etc. are one of our specialties! Our inverters are extremely rugged by design, and feature an advanced Internal Suppression Filter Network to suppress the significant transients usually associated with these applications.Please don’t hesitate to contact the factory for additional information.
(Consult factory for higher power ratings)
|3 Phase Models*||Output VAC||Output Freq. (Hz)||Cont. Output Power||Size in.(HxWxL)|
- Input Voltage: 450 – 750 VDC (Extended range available)
- Output Voltage: See Table
- Frequency: 50 Hz, 60 Hz, 400 Hz (+/-0.5%)
- Frequency Regulation: +/-0.5% N.L. to F.L.
- Voltage Regulation: +/-1.5% N.L. to F.L.
- Efficiency: Approximately 80% (depending on model)
- Reactive Load: 0.75 Lead to 0.75 Lag
- Distortion: 5% THD, 3% Single Harmonic
- Overload: 125% for 5 minutes
- Overload Protection Range: Automatic overload & short circuit protection
- Sync & Phase Lock Range: +/-3 Hz, Typical (50/60 Hz models)
- Transient Response: Approx. 1/4 cycle recovery to 95% of nominal
ENVIRONMENTAL & MECHANICAL
- Operating Temp: -20°C to +50°C Standard -40°C to +71°C Optional
- Cooling: By internal DC brushless fan
- Vibration: Normal shipping and handling
- Shock: 20g, 11 mS half sinewave
- Humidity: To 95% RH non-condensing
- EMI: Designed to meet FCC Part 15, Class A, Can meet MIL-STD-461 with additional filtering
- Ruggedization against high shock, vibration and humidity
- Custom Output Frequency For Rail – 25, 91.66, 100, 200, and 250 Hz. available
- MS Connector Mates
- Shock Mounts
- Floor Mounts
- Internal Transfer Switch
- High IP Protection for front / rear panels including louvers on all intake and exhaust, as well as fully gasketed breakers, switches, and indicators.
- Custom Markings
- Environmental Stress Screening Services