Model GRSLPFC4.5K3/4-440(3)-115(3) 4.5 KW Rugged Rack Mount Solid-State 440 VAC Three Phase Frequency Converter
- Formally Qualified to MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-461, MIL-S-901, and MIL-STD-167
- Built To Meet MIL-STD-810 Environmental Standards
- Shipboard 440 VAC, 60 Hz, Three-Phase Delta Power Factor Corrected Input
- 115 VAC, 400 Hz, Three-Phase Delta Output
- Compact, Rack Mount 5U IP54-Rated Chassis
- Ultra Lightweight Design
- Military Applications: Including Shipboard, Submarine, HMMWV, UAV, Aircraft, Mobile Power Units, Shelters, Transportable Systems, Tactical Systems, Ground Support, and more
- Popular Options
- System Compliance
- Data Sheets
Nova’s GRSLPFC4.5K3/4-440(3)-115(3) Solid-State Three-Phase Frequency Converter Systems are high-reliability power sources specifically designed for demanding applications in high shock, vibration, humidity, and EMI environments in compliance to MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-461, MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167, and MIL-STD-810.
This unit’s compact IP54-rated rack mount chassis measures 5U high x 19” wide x 24” deep, and weighs only 75 pounds. It features a shipboard power input of 440 VAC 60 Hz three-phase delta, and an output of 115 VAC, 400 hz three phase delta. Other voltages and frequencies are available optionally. Flexible design architecture allows this unit to be tailored to many different types of applications, including:
- Military Applications: Including Shipboard, Submarine, Aircraft, Mobile Power Units, Shelters, Transportable Systems, Tactical Systems, Ground Support, and more
- Heavy-Duty Industrial Applications
- Demanding Commercial Applications
- Communications Systems
A multitude of options are available, including various connector types, chassis slides, and custom alarms.
Nova Electric’s Frequency Converters are deployed in countless high profile military programs aboard Naval ships and submarines, on satellite trailers and mobile shelters, and military ground vehicles and aircraft, with a field-proven MTBF exceeding 100,000 hours. These units are the first choice for the world’s leading defense contractors including Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, General Dynamics, DRS, BAE, all branches of the US Armed Forces, and US allied forces worldwide. Please contact us today for more information.
|Model||KVA||KW||Nominal Input||Input Freq.||Output VAC||Output Freq.||Weight (Lbs)||Height||Outline Drawing||Video|
|GLFCPFC-4.5K3/4-440(D)-115(D)||4.5||4.5||440 VAC Delta||60 Hz||115 VAC Delta||400 Hz||75||5U|
Other voltages and frequencies are available optionally – consult factory for details.
- Input: 440 VAC, 60 Hz, Three Phase Delta per MIL-STD-1399, Section 300B, Type 1
(other voltages and frequencies available optionally upon request)
- Output: 115 VAC, 400 Hz, Three Phase Delta @ 4.5 KW
(other voltages and frequencies available optionally upon request)
- Voltage Regulation: ± 2% NL to FL
- Frequency Regulation: ± 0.5% NL to FL
- Harmonic Distortion: 5% THD, 3% typical
- Input Power Factor: 0.95 or Better @ half-full load
- Efficiency at full load: 80-85% @ full load typical
- Connections: MS Connector (mates opt.)
110% load for 10 minutes
115% load for 5 minutes
120% load for 2 minutes
5U x 19″ Wide x 24″ Deep
- Input Circuit Breaker
- Output Circuit Breaker
- Overload Protection Range: Automatic overload & short circuit protection
- Thermal Protected
- Input Under/Overvoltage Protected
- Optional Audible Alarm with Silence Switch
- Operating Temp.: -20° to +50°C (Extended ranges optional)
- Storage temperature range: -40° to +71°C
- Humidity: to 95% RH non-condensing per MIL-STD-810. All boards conformal coated with Acrylic MIL-I-46058 Type R.
15,000 Ft. (4,572m) operating
40,000 ft. (12,192m) non-operating
- Shock: 20g, 11 mS half sinewave per MIL-S-901
- Audible Noise: Less than 55 dbA at 5 ft.
- EMI: MIL-STD-461
- MTBF: 100,000+ hours per field data @ +25C Ambient Ground-Fixed
- MTTR: 30 minutes by qualified personnel
- Alarm Contacts (Optional)
- Input Power Available LED
- Input Power On LED
- Power Output LED
- Digital Output (Per Phase) Meters with Volt, Amp, and Frequency Selector Switch
- Elapsed Time Meter
- Power Distribution Units
- Alternate voltages and frequencies
- Delta or Wye Three Phase Configuration
- MS Connector Mates and Multiple Output Outlets
- Input Volt and Amp Meters
- Chassis Slide Guides
- Custom Enclosures
- CAD Free Connectors
- Non-PVC wiring
- Rugged Transit Cases and Custom Enclosures
- Environmental Stress Screening Services
The GRSLPFC4.5K3/4-440(D)-115(D) Rugged Rack Mount Solid-State Three Phase Frequency Converter was formally tested and qualified as follows:
MIL-STD-1399, Section 300B Input Power Test:
5.3.1 Voltage and Frequency Tolerance Test
5.3.2 Transient Voltage and Frequency Tolerance and Recovery Test
5.3.3 Voltage Spike Test
5.3.4 Emergency Condition Test
5.3.5 Grounding Test
5.3.6 User Equipment Power Profile Test w/Exceptions
5.3.7 Current Waveform Test
5.3.8 Voltage and Frequency Modulation Test
5.3.9 Simulated Human Body Leakage Current Test for Personnel Safety w/Exceptions
5.3.10 Equipment Insulation Resistance Test
5.3.10 Active Ground Detector Test
MIL-STD-167-1A Vibration Test: The Frequency Converter was subjected to Type I vibration through the frequency range of 4 Hz to 33 Hz in each of the three (3) major axis in accordance with MIL-STD-167-1A.
MIL-S-901D Shock Test: The Frequency Converter was subjected to three (3) positive and three (3) negative 20 g, 11 msec, ½ Sine Wave shock pulses in each of the three (3) axes in accordance with the referenced MIL-S-901D specifications (Grade A) for a total of eighteen (18) shock pulses.
MIL-STD-461E EMI Test (Navy, Submarine Application):
CE101, Conducted Emissions, Power Leads, 120 Hz to 10 kHz
Limit: Figure CE101-2, Limit for Surface Ships and Submarine Applications, 60 Hz
CE102, Conducted Emissions, Power Leads, 10 kHz to 10 MHz
Figure CE102-1, CE102 Limit for All Applications, Basic Curve + 12 dB w/Exceptions.
CS101, Conducted Susceptibility, Power Leads, 120 Hz to 150 kHz
Figure CS101-1, CS101 Voltage Limit for All Applications, Curve # 1
CS106, Conducted Susceptibility, Transients, Power Leads
Limit: Figure CS106-1, CS106 Voltage Limit
CS114, Conducted Susceptibility, Bulk Cable Injection, 10 kHz to 200 MHz
Limit: Figure CS114-1, CS114 Calibration Limits
4 kHz to 1 MHz, 77 dBuA
10 kHz to 30 MHz, Curve # 1
30 MHZ to 200 MHz, Curve # 2
RE101, Radiated Emissions, Magnetic Field, 30 Hz to 100 kHz
Limit: Figure RE101-2, RE101 Limit for Navy Applications w/Exceptions.
RE102, Radiated Emissions, Electric Field, 10 kHz to 18 GHz
Limit: Figure RE102-2, RE102 Limit for Submarine Applications, Internal to Pressure Hull
RS103, Radiated Susceptibility, Electric Field, 2 MHz to 18 GHz
2 to 30 MHz: 5 V/m
30 MHz to 18 GHz: 10 V/m
Modulation: 1 kHz pulse, 50% duty cycle
Environmental – Designed to Meet*:
MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure II. TH=+45C high temperature (operating) testing
MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II. TL=+5C low temperature (operating) testing
MIL-STD-810G, Method 507, Procedure II. <95% Non-Condensed Relative Humidity (operating / non-operating)
Ambient Operating Pressure between 750 and 1200 millibars.
Ingress Protection per IP54.
Operating Attitude for both Front to Back and Side to Side of +/- 30 degrees.
Audible Noise of 60dBA Maximum.
*Compliance to these “designed to meet” environmental standards based on similarity to previously qualified designs. Formal Qual Testing to these and other standards is available optionally.