Galaxy Series 500 W – 6 KW Rack Mount Transformer Isolated Solid-State Frequency Converters
- Solid-State Design
- Pure Sine Wave Output
- Extremely Rugged Construction Suitable For Harsh Environments
- High Reliability – MTBF Exceeds 100,000 hours
- Overload, Overvoltage, and Overtemp Protected
- MTTR below 30 minutes
- Transformer-Isolated For High Inrush Loads
- Withstands Highly Reactive Load
- Tight Voltage and Frequency Regulation
- Custom Voltages and Frequencies Available
- Conformal Coated PCBs and All Stainless Hardware
- Popular Options
- System Compliance
- Data Sheets
Nova frequency converters are high-reliability power sources specifically designed for demanding applications in high shock, vibration, humidity, and EMI environments. They can be built to meet MIL-STD-810, MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-461, and other standards optionally. Transformer-isolated topology makes these Converters suitable for very high inrush loads, such as motors and compressors. They are suitable for severe environment and high reliability applications such as:
- Military Applications: HMMWV, UAV, Shipboard, Submarine, Aircraft and Mobile Power Units, Shelters
- Aircraft Power
- AC Power from vehicle battery
- Communications Systems
- Cellular Sites
- European Power / Export Testing
- Power Conditioning & Frequency Stabilization
- U.S. Power Abroad
- Railroad Signaling Power – 25, 91.667, 100, 200, 209, and 250 Hz. available
Partial Model Selection
(Consult Factory for Additional Models)
|PARTIAL MODEL NO.||KVA||OUTPUT VOLTAGE||OUTPUT FREQUENCY (HZ)||WEIGHT (LBS)||SIZE IN. (HXWXL)||OUTLINE DRAWING|
- Power Ratings: 120 VA – 7.5+ KVA
- Input Voltage: Most standard AC voltages including 115, 120, 200, 208, 220, 240, 277, 380, 480, 120/208, 220/380, and 277/480 available in single and three-phase configurations.
- Output Voltage: Most standard AC voltages including 115, 120, 200, 208, 220, 240, 277, 380, and 480 available in single phase configurations.
- Frequency: 50 Hz, 60 Hz, or 400 Hz (+/-0.5%)
- Frequency Regulation: +/-0.5% N.L. to F.L. (Crystal available)
- Frequency Transients: None
- Voltage Regulation: +/-1.5% N.L. to F.L.
- Efficiency: Approximately 85-95% (depending on model)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 3% Typical, 5% Max
- Overload: 120% Typical Power Factor: 0.7 Lead to 0.7 Lag
- Input Circuit Protection: Circuit Breaker / Fuses, Transient Suppressors Output
- Circuit Protection: Current Limit, Short Circuit Protection, Thermal Protection, and Semi-Conductor Protection
ENVIRONMENTAL & MECHANICAL
- Operating Temp:
-20°C to +50°C Standard
-40°C to +71°C Optional
- Cooling: Forced Air by internal DC brushless fan
- Vibration: Normal shipping and handling
- Shock: 20g, 11 mS half sinewave – Designed to meet MIL-STD-810 optionally
- Elevation: 10,000 ft. typical
- Humidity: to 95% RH non-condensing – Designed to meet MIL-STD-810. All boards conformal coated with Acrylic MIL-I-46058 Type R.
- Audible Noise: 65 dBA at 5 ft. typical
- EMI: Designed to meet FCC Part 15, Class A. Designed to meet MIL-STD-461 with optional additional filtering.
- MTBF: 30,000+ hours typical per MIL-MDBK-217
- MTTR: Less than 30 minutes.
- Ruggedization against high shock, vibration and humidity
- MS connector mates
- Multiple output outlets
- Chassis Slide Guides
- 3Ø Power Input
- 400 Hz input and / or output
- CAD Free Connectors
- Non-PVC wiring
- High IP Protection for front / rear panels (typically IP32,) including louvers on all intake and exhaust, as well as fully gasketed breakers, switches, and indicators.
- AUX DC Outputs
- Input Volt and Amp Meter Set (available on select models)
- Elapsed Time Meter (available on select models)
- Rugged Transit Cases and Custom Enclosures
- Power Distribution Units (PDUs)
- Environmental Stress Screening Services
Designed To Meet:
MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5, Procedure II Test: TH=+45C high temperature (operating) testing
MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5, Procedure II Test: TL=+5C low temperature (operating) testing
MIL-STD-810G, Method 507, Procedure II Test: <95% Non-Condensed Relative Humidity (operating / non-operating)
MIL-STD-167-1A Vibration Test: Type I vibration through the frequency range of 4 Hz to 33 Hz in each of the three (3) major axis in accordance with MIL-STD-167-1A.
MIL-S-901D Shock Test: Three (3) positive and three (3) negative 20 g, 11 msec, ½ Sine Wave shock pulses in each of the three (3) axes in accordance with the referenced MIL-S-901D specifications (Grade A) for a total of eighteen (18) shock pulses. Assumes placement in shock-isolated rack.
*Compliance to these “designed to meet” MIL-standards based on similarity to previously qualified designs. Formal Qual Testing to these and other standards is available optionally.